Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pretty embarrassing to admit, but...

...after 3 years, 10 months and 5 days, Tate FINALLY did this...

I am not even going to begin to explain the potty training issues we've had with Tate.
It's been a NIGHTMARE to say the least!
You may have noticed my lack of potty training talk on this blog. It's been too much of an issue for me to even talk about...seriously, it's been awful.
I know this is just the beginning, but he at least has gone on the potty now, so I am hoping he kind of "gets it" at least now!
We have NO DIAPERS in the house so he BETTER get it! :)
We do have Pull Ups for bedtime, but this child will never again wear a diaper...never!
And he was ALMOST as excited as I was after he peed!

There has been much pee and poop strewn all over our house during our potty training episodes and today was pretty bad, but we stuck to our guns and are SO PROUD of Tate!

Now let's hope he keeps it up!

4 comments:

JamieLynne said...

i am soon to start this mission myself but my grandma always said that no kid went away to college wearing diapers. So at some point it has to happen.... I hope it sticks this time!

Chris/Stew; Brenda said...

Good job Tate! We are so proud of you, we may even send you a special surprise when you are going in the potty every time! Keep us posted.

Gretchen said...

Yay!!!!! Keep up the good work Tate and Mom. :)

sarak said...

Tupee Ken and Barbie for Tate! Do you have one of the potty seats that goes on the actual bathroom toilet? Olivia loved that (not that Tate is very impressed with all of the potty training things). I'll check in with you later on the progress.