Friday, July 23, 2010

Random stuff from today...

I bought Tate water shoes today. I figured they'd be good for him on the hot sand and in the water with sharp shells and stuff. He tried them on, loved them and was so excited! We were in the car when I showed them to him. After trying them on, he was just kind of silent. A few minutes went by and all of a sudden he said, "Mommy, thank you for getting me swimming shoes!" Oh my goodness...this may seem like no big deal, but it was about the sweetest thing ever! Melted my heart. I also bought him a DVD to watch on the drive. When we came inside he said, "And mommy, thank you for my water shoes AND my new DVD, thank you!" So sweet. Makes me want to buy him more stuff. Ha. I will restrain myself from doing so though! :)

He is back to being a super sweet angel...I love it. I hope it's not just temporary because he's been amazingly sweet (aside from the whole 'mommy you stink' thing i blogged about a couple days ago) and polite these last few days!

On another note...I have taken ZERO pictures since being in Des Moines this weekend! This is unheard of for me! I may not take any until we leave, I'll probably be too busy.

Today Lora and I went to lunch and then manned the Water For Christmas booth at the Street Fest for the Bix7. I love my time with her when it's just us two. We get to talk deeper about things and she and I are just on the same page. It's so amazing to have a friend like that!

It's before 11pm and I'm tired. This is UNHEARD OF! I am so excited to get to bed at a decent time. That's where I'm going now...now let's hope I can get right to sleep!

Goodnight!

No comments: