Thursday, July 22, 2010

our fridge is looking empty

And so are our freezer and cupboards.
I've got 4 days left to feed our family.
My goal is to NOT go to the grocery store before Florida.
Not sure if we can survive 4 days only on:
1/3 gallon milk
1 frozen pizza
1/2 bag chicken nuggets
Quart of ice cream
2 cans corn
1 can green beans
2 lbs ground beef
1 bag of chicken
1 box cereal
6 eggs
1/2 loaf a bread
2 waffles
3 slices cheese
2 frozen bananas
2 onions
a bunch of condiments

So now that I look at that list, I actually think I'll manage these next 4 days! Seeing those items written down makes me realize I have more than it looks like!
We're doing supper in Muscatine tonight with my family and the DeCooks. James, Sean and my dad are golfing today and the girls will just hang out with the kiddos. Then tomorrow Lora and I are manning the Water For Christmas booth at the Bix for a couple of hours in the afternoon. Check out what Water For Christmas is doing HERE.

To me, once Saturday arrives...the race is on! Sean will be unavailable after about 2pm on Saturday pretty much until we leave for Florida. So my hope is that on Saturday morning, we will get a lot done together. Then, I plan to do most/all of the packing by myself (which I like to do anyway) and get this house CLEAN so that we can arrive home to a spic and span house! Sunday I will head to Muscatine to pick up some last minute odds and ends that we will be bringing to Florida. Monday will be last minute packing and checking everything off the list, printing out our hotel information for when we stop on the way down, printing our map and getting the car all cleaned out and ready to pack to the brim on Tuesday morning. I am hoping to be on the road by 10am at the latest on Tuesday. We'll see if that happens!

1 comment:

Chris/Stew; Brenda said...

It's almost here! Can't wait to see you guys in...proabably 6 days! I took Friday the 6th off.