Sunday, July 25, 2010

2 days and counting...

Sunday (tomorrow, but technically today because it's 1am) morning after we get up and around, Tate and I are heading to Muscatine to pick up some odds and ends we need to bring to Florida. I think we're going to go out for breakfast and hang out for a bit. We're actually pretty organized here. I've already got Tate, Sean and myself packed (aside from toiletries) and have my lists ready to go. I've printed out our grocery list for when we get to Florida (we already have our menu planned so we know what groceries we need), I have the driving directions printed, sunscreen and swimming gear packed, hotel information printed, house cleaned and the budget in order. I'm feeling pretty good. We got online to stop our mail while we're gone and I got all our bills paid that we need to pay before we return. I've realized I am going to make it on the little amount of groceries we have remaining and that makes me happy! I will do a mini grocery trip for snacks to take on the drive down, but that's it. I managed to get all of Sean and my clothes packed into a little carry on sized suitcase and Tate's are in a small duffel bag. I am the queen of over packing so this is my proudest accomplishment in regards to this Florida trip so far! :) Sean was a HUGE help to me today and that's why we are so organized. I don't really feel like I have much more packing to do aside from the things that have to wait until the last minute. Sean has already made it clear that he would like to be the person who actually packs the car up, so I'll let him own that project on Tuesday morning right when he gets home. I'll have everything packed and ready to go by the back door. Hopefully, all will go as planned and we'll be on the road by 9:30am and Tate will be a PERFECT ANGEL for the whole drive! Ha! Typically, my life doesn't go as I always envision it will. Maybe just this one time it will! :)

2 comments:

Candi said...

I hope it goes well... may not go as planned but over all if it goes well, you are in good shape! So happy I got things done for you and it is beautiful out today for a change! Yea! TTY soon... not sure if Dad will be joining us for breakfast, he plans to golf since it is NICE!!

sarak said...

horray! Cant wait! Its almost here! I keep going over my lists in my head and on paper over and over again. A load of laundry tomorrow and I will start packing too:)