Friday, June 25, 2010

storms

We've had a lot of them lately.
Tate and I went to Muscatine the other day and a storm popped up just after we arrived.
There was rumor that a tornado had touched down in town and the sirens were sounding.
It looked eerie out...

So we headed to the "dark room" in the basement.
This room was literally my dark room in high school where I would develop my pictures.
Now it's a great tornado shelter!
Tate calls that room the basement...not the whole basement, just that room.
He had so much fun in there and I think was hoping the tornado warning wouldn't end.
Mom read him books, he had a blast.
Here they are acting like seals...


After we got out of our shelter, we looked outside my parents back window and saw this.
This would be my parents little trickling creek turned raging river from the storm...


About an hour later, it was back to a creek and the skies were blue.
Gotta love Iowa summers!

No comments: