Friday, June 18, 2010

just an explanation

So now that I am part of the Open Adoption Bloggers, I wanted to have a link on my sidebar where people in the adoption community (and anyone interested for that matter!) can click and read our adoption story. The thing is that I, for the life of me cannot figure out how to link something on my sidebar like a Word Document. I could figure out how to link something that is on the world wide web, but our story at this point is not anywhere on the world wide web. SOOOO, I need to post the story on my blog and then I will be able to link it on the sidebar so people can click on it and just get directly to the blog post any time they want. So I am going to be posting the story here later today...and it is long! I just wanted to pre-warn all of you that may be wondering why I am out of no where posting our adoption story nearly 4 years after it happened.

When Tate was 8 months old, I was asked by our agency Bethany Christian Services to write an "article" about our adoption journey including why we chose open adoption and what types of things we do for Tate's birth parents to keep the adoption open. Then, they included our story in an email to all prospective adoptive parents at that time so that those adoptive parents could understand what our open adoption story looked like and maybe some of those adoptive parents eyes could be opened to the beauty of an open adoption. That article is the story I will be posting and linking on my sidebar. I made no edits to it since I wrote it 3 years ago. When I have time, I may add to it. I just wanted to explain the ridiculously long post that will be on here shortly.

No comments: