Friday, June 18, 2010

confession of the week

I love it when Tate sleeps in bed with me.
There I said it. I do. I know that for all of the non co-sleeping parents out there (and we ARE NOT a co-sleeping family), that statement probably makes you cringe. I can't help it though. Tate is not a cuddler...not in any way shape or form. He used to be when he was a baby, but now he never ever wants to cuddle. It breaks my heart. So when I get an ENTIRE night of snuggles from my sweet little man, I am in heaven. It really doesn't even bother me that I wake up with him laying across me, or get jabbed in the eye with his foot, or have a tiny edge of the bed to sleep on because he is sprawled across the bed the wrong way making an "H" out of Sean and I. It doesn't bother me. I love it. Sean does not. In fact, it may be a good thing that he doesn't because if he didn't mind, Tate would likely sleep with us every. single. night. Really. The thing is, Sean works through the night 3 nights a week. So where does Tate end up 75% of those nights? You got it...my bed!!!! He makes it easier to bare those nights that Sean is away...well, and I really like the snuggles. He also sleeps way later and better when he's in bed with me. :) So there it is...my confession of the week!

(maybe I'll do a "confession of the week" every week! Hmmmm...we'll see.)

No comments: