Thursday, May 20, 2010

So much to say, but can't find the words...

That is exactly how I feel about the unbelievable day we had yesterday.
So many feelings and thoughts rushing through my mind and heart.
A pre-warning...
This post contains LOTS of pictures.
And compared to how many amazing photos I took, this is nothing!
And because this is my blog and I want to...well, you're getting to see LOTS of the photos! :)

To say that the day was special is a severe understatement.
Truly, there are no words.
Tate, after 3 1/2 years, got to meet his birth mother Maggie.
And Sean and I after 3 1/2 years got to hug and speak with the woman who carried him for 9 months, brought him into this world, nursed him for 2 days just to give him to us and love him from a distance for 3 1/2 years.
She doesn't have to anymore. She has always been a part of our lives in our hearts and minds, but now she is going to be a part of our lives in person!
We cannot be more grateful and feel more blessed!

The whole day will be something I will never forget.
I will remember it all, but there are certain moments that will be forever etched in my mind and heart that I couldn't in a million years forget.
Like this moment...

We blew bubbles and flew a kite and had a picnic and ran around and played for 3 hours.
I don't think ANY of the 5 of us wanted the afternoon to end.


I truly don't think I've seen a more beautiful person.
I wish I had words to describe how special these moments, this day was.
Oh how I wish you all only knew how incredibly world shaking this time with Maggie was.
I cannot describe it in words.
Our hearts are full and we feel a completeness that we didn't feel before we got to meet Maggie.
Hopefully some of these pictures will speak louder than my words can.




And that connection that I have spoken about between Brandon and Tate...
It's there between Maggie and Tate as well!
What a blessing from God it is to witness and what a miracle it has been that we've been able to live out this amazing adoption story!



And Brandon...who we've had the honor to know before we even met Tate.
He loves Tate from the depths of his soul.
And Tate loves him from the depths of his soul!
It is one amazing thing to witness...




Wow.
How many adopted children get this?!?!?!
Not only a picture of themselves with their biological mother and father, but a lifetime to feel first hand the love they have for him.
What an amazing adoption story he has.
He is so loved so deeply and for that we are indescribably grateful.
These words do no justice to the feelings in our hearts.

Thank you Maggie and Brandon.
Thank you will never be enough, but it's the only thing we can say.

9 comments:

sarak said...

wow!Thats all I can say right now..pass the kleenex!

Beckysblog said...

Wow. I agree, no words.
Awesome.

Tate is lucky. And someday he is going to thank you and Sean sooo much!

Our Journey Without Naps said...

Amazing and absolutely beautiful!

Katie said...

WOW! So happy for Tate (and the rest of you!) incredible! great photos! I am glad you get this experience! What a blessing.

Corrine said...

What an amazing story! Tate is so very blessed to have so many people in his life that love and care for him. So happy for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading and looking at the photos of Tate's adoption story! You have done and incredible job of capturing these priceless moments. It is such an amazing bond...and we now also know that feeling of never being able to thank the birthparents enough!!! It is such a miracle and blessing! Thanks for sharing it!!!!
Daydra

Billie Cassidy said...

Wow, you have me in tears!! My husband adopted our baby boy through open adoption as well! He has been the answer to all of my prayers, yet, when I looked at your post, I saw something different than what I experienced.... What a beautiful experience you guys have!!! Congratulations!

Ashley said...

Wow! What an amazing story you have. I just love all these pictures. Your son is so blessed to have all this love from so many amazing people. My husband and I are waiting to adopt and I would love to have this kind of story. Thanks for sharing!

Tamara said...

WOW! Tears just can't come fast enough...What a story and what a wonderful, loving family Tate has been blessed with! By far my most favorite adoption story. Thank you for sharing!