Saturday, May 29, 2010

progression of our masterpiece!

Mom asked me to help her paint an Italian landscape on a canvas for an upcoming event she is decorating for.
I've never painted on a canvas...ever.
Of course I agreed to help though! It was so much fun!
It is definitely not as easy as it looks...you know like when I watch Bob Ross on TV painting "happy little trees".
It was actually quite frustrating.
But as with all of the tedious, crafty things I take on...it's so worth it to see a finished product that you're happy with!

So here's the progression.
Mom and I both kind of did the sky and hills together. The sun was kind of my contribution...I know, super hard! Ha.
Just the sky and the hills...

Then my mom painted some "happy little pencil trees" while I did the poppy field on the hill on the bottom right...

Then my mom made some of the trees bigger and worked on the fields on a couple of the hills while I worked on the field of the other hill on the right side.
There's a bit of a glare on this photo as the paint was still a bit wet, but you get the idea...

It was a really fun project to do together!
We were pretty happy with the finished product.
It definitely inspired me to possibly do some more canvas art for fun someday!
I am thinking about painting a more abstract painting of some sort to hang in Tate's room.
We'll see...if I do, you know I'll post pics of it! :)

2 comments:

Candi said...

If you click on it a couple times it'll bring it up and you can see the details better... the poppies are really cool as they are highlighted with a metalic copper that really makes them interesting!! :) Thanks for helping me Jennie... it was fun! Hope Linda approves...: )

Sara Bark said...

All you need now is some "whispy little clouds"... I was a HUGE Bob Ross fan when I was a kid!!