Monday, May 17, 2010

a good weekend


We had a great end of our weekend with Brigg and Lani staying at our house. We played 54 holes of mini golf and watched movies and ate popcorn and stayed up way too late. Then Lani and I went and got manicures together today. Tate loved having them stay the night and they all played SO WELL together!

It's just so nice being so close to the kids and my parents and being able to see them all so much. Tate has completely adjusted to his new home and loves being so close to his Nana and Papa S. and the Burbacks just as much (if not more) as we do!

When I brought the kids back to Muscatine this afternoon, we decided to hang around a bit and ended up going to dinner at Missippi Brew. The kids had a blast just running around and playing on the patio. It was so nice out tonight and nice to be able to eat and relax outside.

Tate fell asleep on the drive home from Muscatine and Sean is working tonight, so I'm enjoying the peace and quiet while I peruse the internet and check blogs. Maybe I'll actually get to bed at a decent time tonight for a change...or maybe not. I just can't help the fact that I am a total night owl and no matter how tired I am all day, as soon as the sun goes down and Tate is in bed, I have my second wind and suddenly feel as though I could stay up all night! I don't like this trait of mine...it makes for many tired days! It's kind of a bad combination I have...I can't get to sleep at night, but I require a lot of sleep in order to not feel exhausted the next day. Kind of how I've always been.

Okay, so I really might try and go to bed! It's only 10:30, so if I manage to go to sleep, it could be the earliest I've gone to sleep in weeks! We'll see how it goes! :)

1 comment:

Mom said...

It was a fun night with all at the Brew. The kids were funny and had so much running & playing I'm certain they slept great... hope you did too Jennie!