Saturday, May 29, 2010

Banana Bread

Since our TV broke (see below post) and we were unable to carry out our usual morning ritual of Tate watching some of his morning cartoons while I check email and blogs, Tate was all out of sorts. :) Or maybe it was a little bit of both of us being out of sorts.
Tate loves almost nothing more than helping me cook or bake, so I said "Tate, do you want to help mommy bake banana bread?" He was so excited!
Plus, I had been meaning to make it because as you can see I had some bananas that were definitely ready to be used for banana bread. When my bananas get like these, I'll put them in the freezer for a future batch of banana bread...and those bananas that sit in the freezer end up looking like the ones below. It was so funny, Tate grabbed those and said, "OOOOHHHH, Mommy...look at these chocolate bananas!" He was very excited...

So he helped me make banana bread and had so much fun, but I think this was his favorite part...

Doesn't t his just remind you of being a kid???

And I have to say once again that I LOVE living so close to my parents. We were mid mix on the batch of banana bread and my mom calls and says, "why don't you put the batter in a container and bring it here to bake them and we can do lunch and hang out today." Ummmmm, OK! :) So we did! We drove over there and spent the afternoon and then were home just as Sean woke up and ate dinner before he headed to work for the night.
Here are a couple of the delicious banana bread loaves. As you can see, they are packed with mini chocolate chips. Mini chocolate chips make everything just a little bit better, right? :)
I made a double batch which makes 8 mini loaves. I told Sean when I made them that I would send some to work with him for he and his co-workers. So I sent 2 loaves with him...he was happy. We ate 1 loaf when it was still warm at my parents and the rest will surely be eaten by us in the next several days!
Thanks Brenda for the best banana bread recipe ever!
I will post the recipe later tonight over on A Peakin To My Recipe Book!

1 comment:

Candi said...

It was yummy and I may sneak a piece before church!! :)