Friday, April 02, 2010

I love me a late night Wal-Mart trip!

It's 12:30am and I just got home from a 2 hour Wal-Mart trip alone! I love running errands alone late at night. No husband, no child, just me. The only bad thing about a late night Wal-Mart run is that they are always cleaning the floors and are lucky to have more than 1 check-out line open. I waited in the check-out line for half an hour! Ugh. I got all my Easter shopping done and got several of the items on my list for our new home! It was so fun perusing the aisles and taking my time and checking out all the fun stuff. No child to watch after or keep control of, no husband to rush me. I bought an orange rug to finish off Tate's room and saw a SUPER soft, big orange pillow that went with his stuff in his room, but passed on that. Our carpet is kind of gross (in my opinion) and so I knew I wanted a rug for his room because he sits on the floor and plays in there all the time now that all his toys are in there. Also, he sits on the living room floor and plays when he's downstairs and the carpet in there is kind of icky too, so I wanted a rug for the living room too. I didn't have high hopes of finding anything because rugs are so expensive, but there just happened to be an area rug that was on sale for CHEAP that I think will look perfect in our living room. I will wait until daylight tomorrow and see if it looks good. I really hope it does because I know I won't find another rug that cheap very easily. If I don't like it, I can return it. We'll see.

On a complete side note...

Tate used to have his bed pushed up against a wall in his room in Des Moines because his room was so small and it was such a pain to make his bed and change the sheets so I was super excited when we moved here that his room would be big enough to put his bed in the middle of the wall. The problem is, he keeps falling out of it now. He just fell out of it while I was writing this post and I had to go up there and calm him down and he's fallen out of it one other time too. He's only slept in it all night for 1 night (tonight will be 2 if he makes it all night) so I'm hoping he'll get used to the fact that it's not against the wall anymore and that he'll stop falling out! Poor thing!

No comments: