Monday, February 08, 2010

a terrible night!

Tate (and mommy and daddy) had a TERRIBLE night last night. It was just, plain awful. I felt so bad for Tate! He was hacking and wheezing all night long...he hardly slept...neither did Sean or I. We ended up putting him in bed with us and I don't know if that was a good idea or not. It made it easy to tend to him, but he didn't sleep at all and just cried all night. He would cough and act like he couldn't breath and honestly, it sounded like he could barely breath. After his cough attack, he would just drool all over and cry and cry and cry. It broke my heart. He slept about 3 hours total by sleeping about 6 half hour stretches. I think Sean and I slept less.

In addition to the coughing, it was almost like he was delusional because of his lack of sleep. He was scared to death several times in the night. One of the times he was saying, "daddy's eyes are scary!" and crying.

It was the most terrible night I can remember having since he had his tonsils out and developed pneumonia last January.

Needless to say, we have an appointment scheduled for him to see the doctor!

2 comments:

Beckysblog said...

oh no! Let us know how it turns out!

Mom said...

Poor little man.... I checked the blog this morning before you explained the terrible night and left to swim and wondered why I hadn't gotten a call from you but figured someone was probably sick... darn! I'm afraid to call as I may wake someone up. I'll say a prayer for you all. Let us know how his appointment went!!
Love,
Mom :(