Sunday, February 07, 2010

In other, more important news...

My dad is going to Haiti.
He is going to help with surgical procedures on the Mercy Ship.
It has not been firmed up which day he is leaving, but it will be sometime in the next few weeks.
As soon as I know more details, I will let you all know.

My sister is leaving for Sierra Leone, Africa in a couple of weeks.
She will be going with a small group of women here...

This is Kroo Bay, Sierra Leone.
In a couple short weeks, this is where Cassie will be.

When I have more details on both of their trips I will let you all know.

I wish that I were in the place in my life where I could "go" and "do" more. Someday I will be able to, but for now I will do what I can from home. One of the most important things I will do is that I will pray. I will pray for these people who live in Haiti and who are in desperate need of aid and will be for a long time. And I will pray for all of the people across the world, like the people in Kroo Bay, who don't have access to clean water, health care, homes to live in and have no means to make things better on their own. And I will pray for the amazing people who are stepping out and helping like my sister and dad.

Will you join me in praying for them?

2 comments:

Mom said...

Yes indeed!! LOTS to pray about.....

sarak said...

Amazing.
Im so glad your family can travel to help others. Your dad is amazing to be able to do this!