Sunday, February 21, 2010

a productive weekend

Our weekend was fun filled and productive. It started when the weather got bad towards the end of my work day on Friday. I decided to head out around ten 'til 4 to "get ahead" of the weather. Ummmm...ya. That didn't happen...it was too late. I ended up being right in the thick of it. I left directly from work at 3:50pm to go get Tate at daycare not far from my office and headed directly out of town from there. I rolled into Muscatine 4 hours and 10 minutes later at 8:00pm. It was a rough drive. I was stressed. Tate had taken a 2 hour nap at work and then slept for 3 hours of the drive. That's 5 hours worth of naps for a child who doesn't nap at all! Needless to say, he WAS NOT tired enough to go to sleep for the night for a very long time. It's too embarrassing to admit what time he finally went to sleep for the night...so I won't. It was LATE. Ugh.

Then on Saturday, Sean, Tate and I headed to Davenport to spend some time with the DeCooks and look at some places to try and find a place to rent. We drove around the neighborhood we were hoping to find a place in and called to speak with some of the property owners and discovered that we may have to make some sacrifices because it just didn't appear we would find a place that we wanted in the neighborhood we wanted for the price we wanted. We decided to look around at some other neighborhoods after we left the DeCooks' house. We drove and drove and drove and called several places to look at and just did our research. We were starting to get worried that we weren't going to find something in the price range we wanted. I closed my head and said a prayer and moments later we saw a "For Rent" sign in a cute little neighborhood. I called the phone number and spoke with the landlord who just happened to be in the property cleaning and doing some work. She said we were welcome to come take a look right then. We did. We loved it! It's a bit smaller than we were hoping we would end up with, but nothing too small that we can't live with. It's not the neighborhood we were hoping for either, but it's in a really cute neighborhood that we like and in a good school district as well as we REALLY liked the landlords. We chatted with them for almost an hour and half and really felt good about the place. As a HUGE bonus, we LOVED the price! :) We told them we would call them on Sunday after we sleep on it, but we both knew that this place was "it". :) I called on Sunday morning and told them we wanted it. She told me that the property had been for rent for only a few hours and she had just put the sign in the yard just before we drove by and saw it. I feel it was absolutely meant to be! We are signing the lease on March 20th!

So the last major item on our "Moving List" is checked off! Woohoo! That takes a huge weight off of us! Today has been a great day! I got to do a little shopping with my mom and just hang out. The drive home was nice...no bad weather, Tate napped, I just say there and thought about our new place and how I am going to decorate it! :)

Tonight has been rough. Tate really misses Sean. He cried for him tonight and is very upset not having him around. He's confused and doesn't understand what's going on. I feel terrible. These next few weeks cannot go by fast enough! I miss Sean, Tate misses him terribly and I just want this all to be over and for us to be moved into our new place and TOGETHER again! Please pray that Tate starts to adjust to this strange temporary situation we are currently living.

2 comments:

Beckysblog said...

Yeah for finding a place!!!

Mom :) said...

It WAS a great weekend! LOVED having you all share some time with me before your dad returned! :)