Sunday, October 11, 2009

Naughty Switch

What is it about 3? It's like the day Tate turned 3, a "naughty switch" turned on. Seriously, Tate has been such a stinker! Defiant, major tantrums, talking back, could care less about time-outs, doesn't listen...it is so frustrating. He had a major tantrum at Wal-Mart today...we were the parents with "that kid". You know, the one that is flailing himself on the floor, screaming at the top of his lungs, flailing his arms and legs...out of control. It was completely ridiculous. Somehow I remained calm and picked up my kicking and screaming child and grabbed the item or 2 we still needed and then carried him flailing about in my arms out to the car. I about wanted to cry though...it was the first time I felt like I had absolutely no control over him...none. It was awful. He continued his screaming freak out in the car and well, I took pictures of him. Why? I really don't know why I would want to document that tantrum, but I suppose in the back of my mind I felt that I needed a visual for the blog post I was going to write about his new naughty ways. So here they are...and believe me, these pictures do not do his tantrum justice...not in the slightest. It was completely ridiculous.


So whoever created the term "Terrible 2's" was a year off. I am hoping this is going to be a short phase or we are going to have to come up with some different discipline tactics!

4 comments:

Beckysblog said...

None of my kids had terrible two's. But we had lots of terrible threes!

sarak said...

Poor Tate having his pic taken during a tantrum! he he he....3 is worse than 2...

Chris/Stew; Brenda said...

I think they just go through phases, period. We can go for what seems like months with no time outs, and then all of the sudden the "naughty switch" goes off and we will have a terrible week or 2. Hang in there, he'll be back to his sweet self in no time.

Melanie said...

I love to see other mothers in stores with a kid having a tantrum. It makes me feel ten times better when it's MY child doing it. And he's had several. I tried to send him home once with the person ahead of me in line, but they wouldn't take him.