Thursday, October 01, 2009

Baking Tate's Cakes = Fiasco

I baked the cakes for Tate's birthday party last night and then froze them. I don't have time to elaborate on what a fiasco it was...just trust me. I mean, I can't even count how many cakes I've baked in my life, but you would have never known that last night! In the end, they got done how I wanted them to be done...not after another trip to the store for more ingredients after throwing away the batter from my first attempt. Plus, I didn't even start making them until around 9pm AND I stayed up and waited for them to be cooled before I put them away to freeze them. All I have to say is that I was up late yet another night and I am tired yet another day at work. I will say that Sean was of great help to me during the cake baking deboccle last night. I would have given up and bought a cake at HyVee and been done with it if it weren't for him. He has been super helpful and amazing this week. I literally have a list on the fridge that says "HONEY DO" and has a section for every day this week with a list of things I need him to do each day. He hasn't complained once and has always had every item on the list completed by the time I've arrived home from work.

I am expecting another late night tonight. When I get off work, we are heading up to Colo to drop some items off for the birthday party and also to drop Sean's car off to be fixed (some wiring issue we think). Once we get home after dropping things off and eating supper in Colo, I still need to check 3 items off of my list. Sean's list for today is looooong, so he will be busy! I am looking forward to having a fun weekend with family and friends and hope that Tate's party goes off without a hitch. I must say, I am a bit concerned about how his cake will turn out...I may have been a little brave when I made the decision to make the cake I decided to make. Ugh. I will post pictures once the party is over.

2 comments:

Mom:) said...

Oh yes I remember those late nights I worked so hard on quilts, cross stitch, needlepoint, gathering preps, foods, cookies too! It is who we are Jennie, don't always like it but hard to change. :)

Sara said...

I totally understand cake fiascos. I know the cake will be wonderful! Jack is not potty trained either. We have been working on it a little bit, but it has been so hard with moving, unpacking and next weekend I am having a garage sale. After that I hope to really concentrate on it. Like Craig says, "he won't be 10 and still in diapers." We'll see. We're behind.