Sunday, March 01, 2009

what's a day without a little drama

So today we are just hanging around the house, getting things in order for the work week tomorrow. Tate has been a busy bee helping us and playing and "going potty" (not really, but he's pretending) all day. He decided to go potty late this morning and pulled his pants down and took his diaper off and sat down on the potty. I sat in there with him for a moment and then I got up and headed to the kitchen to clean up a bit while he concentrated. I was walking down the hall when I heard the bathroom door shut and Tate giggling and saying, "I go potty". I checked on him and he was sitting on the potty and said "door shut". I left again and he shut the door again. When I went back about 30 seconds later, I realized he had locked it! I panicked. Sean immediately tried to break in and it didn't work. He tried for a few minutes when Tate decided to unlock it himself. When I opened the door, I found him with blood all over his mouth. He had gotten into the shower, taken my razor and proceeded to shave his lips. Ya...that bleeding doesn't stop easily or quickly. It was a mess...blood everywhere, screaming child, we were trying to press a wash cloth against it to stop the bleeding. It wasn't working. We had to apply pressure for about a half hour before it stopped enough to not be dripping all over the place. Ugh. So the bathroom is now off limits unless he is accompanied by Mommy or Daddy! I am happy something more serious didn't happen!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

you have to be kidding me!
sounds like his uncle...

sarak said...

Did he learn to shave from Olivia and Brayden? Oh my goodness Jennie! Drama!