Saturday, February 28, 2009

the verdict's in...I'm going to live.

My finger is not contagious, infected, going to cause blood poisoning, going to have to get amputated, going to spread to my heart and kill me and does not have baby spiders growing in it (this was the most far fetched prediction). It's a mucus cyst. Nothing life threatening, but gross none the less. The hugeness of it is pressing against nerves in my finger causing the shooting pains and the throbbing. Apparently, I need to go get it cut out by a dermatologist. Cut out?!!! Ummm...I don't think I am going to be rushing to get that done! The doctor said that I could use a hot, moist compress and help it work its way up to the surface and possibly get it out myself. I think I'll try that route first.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH GOOD!!!!! Whew! Now tell me how you got it?! I am surprised the doctor knew what it was so easily... I have never heard of such a thing so assumed it was unusual of course. Praise be, I can rest again!! Put that heat on it as much as possible and see if you can get it to surface... It would be a challenge to me to get it out on my own... hope it happens for you ! : )

JamieLynne said...

Dave had something similiar on the back of his neck. Doc said it was due to a nick, maybe when getting a haircut. You probably want to try the at home remedies because Dave said it was awful having it taken out.