Wednesday, February 25, 2009

infection

I have some strange infection on my pinky. I think I may have to go to the doctor. Seriously, I never thought I would say I would be going to the doctor for a sore on my finger, but it is starting to concern me. It started a couple of months ago. I had a small sore that developed on my pinky that looked like a blood blister. I knew I hadn't pinched my finger though. Weird, but not concerning. A couple of weeks later, it was still there and now a bit larger. Still, I wasn't terribly concerned. It still looked like a blood blister, so I decided to pop it with a needle. Ya, not the best idea...it bled and bled, but didn't improve and then it was just sore. The bump became more raised from my finger and felt really hard. It remained there and grew a bit for a few more weeks. This last week it started to become a problem when I would type and it was really sore. Considering I type all day at work, I've been pretty irritated by this sore. It has become quite a bit more concerning these last 2 days. It's opened up and bled multiple times in the last 24 hours. My finger feels hot, I feel my heartbeat in it...it has stabbing pains running through it. Today, my whole hand started to throb. I can hardly type. It just plain hurts...bad! This picture doesn't even show what it truly looks like, but still thought I'd share. I have no idea what this is, but I'm starting to worry now that it's spreading.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya, you better get it checked out!! It is looking more weird all the time... yuck!! You could get blood poisoning I think... GET IT CHECKED!!!

sarak said...

Gross Jennie! Go get it checked out. When I was home yesterday I watched The Doctors and it talked about leaving infections is so bad! It can lead to such worse things..go now!

Beckysblog said...

Um, please call the dr.! Seriously, not normal.