Thursday, January 22, 2009

Note to self...

Even 10 days following a tonsilectomy is not enough time to wait to give a 2 year old a piece of pineapple.

I didn't even think about it when Tate requested a piece of Sean's pineapple and we said, "sure" and gave it to him. He loves pineapple. I don't know if he'll ever eat it again. Apparently pineapple is too acidic and his throat is still too raw because the second he swallowed, his face turned BRIGHT RED and he freaked out. I am talking...panicked! He was holding his head and doing the "silent cry". You know, the cry with the open mouth, no noise because he can't breath cry. Then when he finally took a breath, he screamed. I felt awful! This crying went on for about a 1/2 hour...non-stop. He was saying amidst his sobbing, "I don't like it!" It was so sad. I should have known. He refused to eat or drink anything after that for a good 2 hours. Ugh.

No comments: