Friday, January 23, 2009

2 years ago to the day...


This is a picture of Tate I took on January 23rd, 2007. Oh how I love my toddler, but also miss those baby days! Tate is hilarious...he cracks me up every day, so I do love this stage, don't get me wrong. Still, I miss my baby. Tate is growing up so fast. I remember being genuinely sad on Tate's first birthday. I really haven't grown out of that, I just want to bottle up every stage of his life and save it forever!

I spoke with someone today who Sean knew from high school. She and her husband are starting the adoption process with Bethany and had some questions. It was my pleasure to answer them. I can't think of a topic I enjoy talking about much more than our adoption story! We will be meeting with them in a week to talk some more. We are really looking forward to it! Talking about it brings all of the emotions and feelings back immediately. They are still so vivid, still make me cry, and I still feel an indescribably gratitude for Tate's amazing birth parents!

We love this little man more than words could describe. We cannot believe the blessing we were given in him. He is more than we ever dreamed he would be, he's grown into more than we could have imagined and we love him more than we knew it was even possible to love someone!

"God is able to do immeasurably more than all we could ask or imagine." -Ephesians 3:20

No comments: