Saturday, January 24, 2009

10 Days

It only took 10 days for me to FINALLY post this. I can say with full confidence that Tate is on the mend. He has had a rough go at it, but today was a good day. Last night was decent...much better than the nights prior. His pain medicine is now only given to him on an "as needed" basis instead of a regular every 4 hour around the clock schedule. He drank and ate fairly normally today. He had a good 24 ounces of fluid today which is a first in the last 10 days. He ate at regular mealtimes and between a bit. :) He did have a little bit of a repeat of the pineapple incident that I posted about yesterday. This time it was with ravioli with tomato sauce...apparently his throat doesn't handle tomato sauce either. He completely freaked out again and was stuffing his hand in his mouth saying, "owie!" Poor thing! He is still on the cuddly side, which I am not going to complain about. I think if I let him, he would still fall asleep in my arms and sleep his entire nap there. I secretly can hardly bring myself to put him in his bed instead of cuddling with him, but I've been strong. Tate will go back to daycare on Monday as long as everything continues to improve as we expect it to. I will also go back to work. I am not going to deny, it's been nice being off for nearly 2 weeks, but I would trade it in a heartbeat to have had a healthy boy who didn't have to go through what he went through. It was tough and tiring and scary for all of us. THANK YOU to each and every one of you for your thoughts, prayers and all of the great "get well gifts" Tate received. We love you all and we are all so blessed to have such amazing family and friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PRAISE BE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now if we can just get ALL the grandkids healthy, I will rest easier!! :) WHEW!!!