Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tate Update

So I thought I would post some things new about Tate...

Tate is recently REALLY into books and reading. He has an Apple book that he got from our apple picking trip last year that he LOVES to read over and over, but tonight, when I was cleaning up after he went to bed, I picked up 17 books that were strewn all over that he had been "reading".

Tate also loves to sing. It's kind of a ritual that we rock and sing before bed at night after reading a book. He says, "bible?" because he wants to sing Jesus Loves Me and he likes the part that goes "for the bible tells me so" and stresses the words bible and so in that line. It's pretty sweet. He'll sing that song over and over. He also loves the ABC's, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Jesus Loves the Little Children. He is very picky though and if I start to sing something that he doesn't want to sing, he'll say, "NO ABC" or "NO PIDER (spider)".

He's starting to recognize his colors. He knows yellow and purple the best though.

He can count to ten...if he's in the mood. :)

In the last couple of days he has suddenly decided he wants to sit on the potty. It's not really an easy task though because he needs his pants completely taken off or he doesn't want to and he prefers to take his shirt off to. What's with that? Then, he doesn't want his diaper back on when he's "all done". Which isn't good because he's lately been obsessed with his "parts" and points at it all the time and says, "penuth". When he's naked, he likes to pull on it and make sure I see that that is his "penuth". I kind of hope he's not doing that at daycare. Ugh.

Another thing he does now when he has an "owie" (which seems to be all the time...he's a bit dramatic) is he wants us to kiss it. It works though, whenever we kiss it, he says, "bedder".

Also, he has a deep hatred of shoes on his feet. It's a problem. We can barely get them on and he's taking them off saying, "soos off"and then usually his socks come off after that. I don't know what it is, but he doesn't like things on his feet.

He is still completely obsessed with Handy Manny. He loves all of his Handy Manny stuff he has and LOVES the show too. He's pretty much over Mickey Mouse Clubhouse although he'll watch it a little bit.

He has a very limited diet. He loves Mac and Cheese, Ravioli or Spaghetti, Fish Sticks, PB sandwiches or PB & J. He LOVES beans and corn, string cheese, cereal bars, fig bars, waffles and french toast, bananas, peaches, pears, pickles, cottage cheese, grilled cheese, hot dogs, mini corn dogs and CHUGS milk and water. That may seem like a lot, but it's really not when you have to figure out what to feed him that isn't the same thing he's had in the last couple of days. He won't eat any meat aside from what I listed. Other veggies are hit and miss.

He desperately needs his tonsils taken out. They are HUGE and he has sleep apnea and snores like a grown man. He drools like a 6 month old and when given food that doesn't break down well (like meat), he can't swallow it. We are waiting until after the first of the year, but really he should probably get them taken out ASAP because we just know he'll be so much happier and a different child once they're out. I am not looking forward to him having to be put under though. I don't even like to think about it. :(

As far as talking goes, Tate is super chatty (usually moreso when it's just Sean and I around), I think he may be a bit shy in that category around others. In the privacy of our own home though, he never isn't talking it seems. We have conversations and they just crack me up. He is too funny. He can say anything, but a lot of times can't find the right words. When I help him say what he wants to say, it's amazing how it sticks and he remembers what to say the next time that topic comes up again. He's such a sponge!

He is so amazing and even though it seems that I couldn't possibly love him more than I already do, each day I seem to love him more! I love him so much it hurts! I love this age, just as I've said about almost every age, I think it's my favorite. That is aside from the tantrums and naughty spells...and boy does this one know how to do a tantrum right! He might be an actor some day because he is total drama! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK- I had to comment again! It is amazing how kids can go through the same things around the same time!

Harrison just started going potty on saturday- not real regular yet, but it's a start- and he does the same thing with his "parts". I think it must be a boy thing. :)

He also does that with his owies, but he feels the need to have a band-aid on every one of them. And he NEVER has his shoes on inside. When we go somewhere, he has his socks and shoes off within 5 minutes of leaving.

They are at such a fun age! The tantrums can be a challenge, though, huh? "This, too, shall pass." :)

JamieLynne said...

Sounds like I have alot to look forward to with my little guy, 4mo now! I can't wait because just reading it made me laugh out loud, I am sure it will be even funnier when I get to experience it in person.
Although, I say I can't wait on most things that are to come with jaxson!