Wednesday, November 12, 2008

a movie and a crappy work schedule

I won a couple of free movie tickets from a contest at work a couple of days ago. We decided that we are going to attempt to take Tate to his first movie, Madascar 2 - Escape to Africa. We love the first Madagascar and Tate likes it too (although not as much as Nemo), so we figured we'd give it a try and if we have to leave because Tate is not into it, at least we're not out much money. We'll see how it goes. We're going on Friday evening all 3 of us. Tate loves popcorn, so I'm thinking with the big screen and some yummy popcorn (and maybe some M&M's :)), he may just do okay. The movie is only 89 minutes long, so that's not too bad either.

I am sitting here alone. Tate is in bed, it's 9:15 pm and Sean won't even be home for at least an hour. If I want to see him even for a moment today, I will need to stay up and wait for him. I am tired, but I want to get at least one minute with him. I am not adjusting well to this new schedule. He gets home and says hello, grabs his books and heads down to the basement to do homework. He's lucky to get to bed before 3 a.m and is up with the birds to study more, go to class or take care of Tate while I go to work until he goes to daycare. I don't know how he does it...really. It's like each semester things get a little worse. I am SO ready for him to be done with school...I can't imagine how he must feel! He amazes me every day. Only 5 1/2 months to go and he'll have his BSN! It is going to be such a great feeling for him and I am already so proud of his dedication and hard work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jennie- I am friends with Cassie through church. We met a long time ago when you were at church one time. My son, Harrison, and Tate are about the same age.

I had to comment on your movie idea- my husband took Harrison on Monday to see Madagascar (his first movie in a theatre) and he loved it! He sat pretty well, only wanting to get up a couple times. He is super-active, so he did good. Hope you guys have a great time!

Jennie Peakin said...

Hi Amy, I know who you are because I am a regular lurker on your blog! :) Harrison is SO CUTE! I'm glad to hear he did well, we're a little nervous about it and that makes me feel better!