Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sweaty boy = Cute curls

Do you think I have pictures though? Nope. Sorry. I love when it's humid or Tate is sweaty and his hair curls. :)

Why is he so sweaty with the weather as beautiful as it is you ask? Well, our air conditioner broke. It's a good thing it broke now while the weather is so nice and the windows can be open. For some odd reason though, it's been almost 85 degrees in our house since it stopped working yesterday! I have no idea why when it's been mid 70's outside.

Anyway, we are attempting to adjust our routine with Sean's new work/school schedule. Because of Tate going back to daycare full time, he has to get up early every morning. He's been known (at least these last 2 weeks) to sleep in until 9ish and now he's got to get up at 7:15 to get ready and get to daycare in time for Sean and I to get to work or school. This has been rough on him these last 2 mornings to say the least. He is NOT happy when we wake him up. I'm talking, kicking and screaming, won't eat, hitting, flailing about, throwing his breakfast and sippy cup...you name it. It makes it hard to drop him off. So, I decided to slowly inch his bedtime back little by little. Tonight was the first inch. I layed him down a couple minutes after 8:00. He usually is down around 8:45, so we'll see how this goes. I still hear him mumbling a bit in bed. We had wind down time from 7:40 until bedtime and it seems it was more benificial for me. While Tate was watching his "show" (he chose Handy Manny...I'm not complaining, it was a nice break from Nemo!) I ended up falling asleep! Okay, so guess I should inch my bedtime back a little too! :)

It's 8:25 and I am seriously contemplating going to bed! I'll try to make it until 9:00.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, hope you get it fixed soon! we could still have some hot days... yikes! It is certainly beautiful out right now, lucky for you!! Hope Tate gets adjusted to getting up to daycare soon too... :-( That is not fun!!