Wednesday, July 09, 2008

My Baby Boy...

I thought it was time I post some updates on Tate...you know, just things he's into these days. I need to keep record somehow! :)

He is REALLY into Little Einsteins, but he still really loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Handy Manny as well.

He jibber jabbers all of the time with words amidst the jabbering. I really think he believes he is talking to us when he jabbers.

He LOVES shoes...and says, "soos" all the time. He especially likes wearing Mommy's "soos".

He is still a dancing machine.

He is a monkey...he climbs on everything!

He LOVES the computer and knows how to move the arrow with the mouse using his right hand while keeping his left hand on the keyboard and "typing". He LOVES the mouse.

He especially loves cars lately...pretty much anything from big plastic ones to Hot Wheels.

He "talks on the phone" all the time. He uses my old cell phone.

He loves "wa-er" (aka water) and CHUGS it. He also enjoys swimming it it! :)

He loves to eat "pig bars" (aka fig bars/Fig Newtons)

He is pretty much a vegetarian...occasionally we'll be able to trick him into eating a hot dog(does that even count as meat?), but otherwise, no meat for Tater!

He repeats and imitates EVERYTHING we do...it's keeps us in check, that's for sure!

He LOVES to pray...and I LOVE it when he prays. It just might be the sweetest thing ever! He folds his hands, bows his head and mumbles softly.

He HATES going to bed...I mean HATES it! We are uberconsistent and put him to be right about 8:45 every night. We do the same routine and we NEVER go in his room once he's down. He flings his head back and cries, "NOOOOO" just before we put him down and then he cries for a minute or two and then talks for usually about an hour before he falls into a deep slumber for the night. At least he NEVER wakes up in the night once he's asleep. Thank goodness for that! He wakes up right about 8:15 every morning.

He is obsessed with his cousin Bode. He says "Bode" at least 100 times a day and this is no joke. He wakes up in the morning and usually the first word out of his mouth is "Bode". And the funniest part about it is that Bode is not terribly fond of Tate in return...I think he could do without Tate at all to be quite honest! Ha.

Tate never refers to Sean and I as Mommy or Daddy. It's kind of strange. He knows we're Mommy and Daddy and if we say, "go give that to Daddy/Mommy" or "go give Daddy/Mommy a hug", he does it. He just never yells out for us or says "Mommy" or "Daddy" without being prompted. When Sean gets home from work, I'll say, "Daddy's home!" and he'll run to Sean saying "Daddy" or vice versa when Sean refers to me as "Mommy", but he won't do it on his own. Is that weird?! I kind of think at his age, he should be doing that.

Tate is going to be 2 in 3 months!!!! I can't believe it! I still refer to him as my baby and probably treat him like that too! It can't be true that he's already 21 months!!! I come into a room and say, "HI BABY!" and he says, "bebe" back to me. I don't know when I'll ever think of him as anything else but my little baby boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like to refer to him as a little energizer bunny.... he just never stops going!!! TRULY!! :- ) Love you Tater bug!!