Friday, July 11, 2008

can't think of a title for this post...

So glad the weekend is here! We don't have anything planned. Of course, Sean works. Tate and I are just going to hang out and maybe go to the pool or something. It's supposed to be sunny and HOT this weekend. I love that the weeks go by so fast...the problem is, the weekends do too! :(

Sean reminded me today that he starts school again in 6 weeks! UGH! I can't believe we're in mid July already! This last year of Sean's school is going to be tough...especially after having the summer with him (even though our schedules were opposite). Once school starts, any time out of school and work that he has, will be spent studying. It's so hard on him...but it's hard on Tate and I too. I just keep looking at it like it's LESS than a year of school that he has left. I'm focusing on that for now and just trying to forget that in a couple of years he'll be back in school again for another few years.

We are looking forward to enjoying these last 6 weeks as much as possible! We have a meeting planned with Brandon (Tate's birthfather) in a little over a week that we are looking forward to. Then, the DeCook's are coming to visit for the weekend in 2 weeks! The IA State Fair will be starting soon there after and we plan to attend that one evening...we get free tickets from work! I usually boycott the fair because all the crowds make me so uncomfortable, BUT I just can't fight it anymore...Tate would love it too much. I can't wait to show him all of the animals...he loves farm animals! It'll be fun. Hopefully sometime in the next month we'll make it to Muscatine and the Quad Cities to visit family and see Mike and Sarah's new house in Bettendorf. We are so happy that they live on that side of the state now!!!

Then, once Sean starts school, the craziness begins. As if school, work, parenting, surviving are not enough, September is CRAZY! We have my birthday, Sean's birthday, Brandon's birthday, Sean's Dad's birthday, Travis's (brother-in-law) birthday, Sara Knutson's birthday, Sean and my anniversary (4 years), and we are thinking Tate's 2nd birthday party will be at the end of the month as well. Not that we really do a celebration for all of those things, but still...it's just things to remember. Did I forget anyone???? Then October 5th is Tate's 2nd birthday and the 7th is the 2 year anniversary of the day we met him! We can't believe it's been 2 years already while at the same time we can't remember what life was like before him!

Right now though, I am trying not to think of all that's to come and just focus on today. I need to remember to do that because Tate seems to change every day. He's growing right before my eyes. He refuses to hug and kiss me now (unless it's a rare moment) which breaks my heart. He and Sean were playing with his Mickey ball on the kitchen floor this evening and I went in to play with them and he pushed me out of the room saying, "bye bye" and made me sit on the couch. :( He must have just wanted it to be "the boys"...where has my baby gone?!!!

Okay, that's all of my ramblings for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many years ahead you will only remember these days in a blur.... We all have "those " years to go through but there are still many nuggets of gold within the mix that we focus on and all is well!! :-) I do believe we have a baby to arrive in Sept. too.... bet Gale remembers that one!! :- )