Sunday, June 15, 2008

I'm in trouble...

These last few days, Tate has been "acting up". I can't seem to figure out why or if it's just the start of a phase. I feel like he may be hurting or teething or who knows what, but he hasn't been acting like himself and by the looks of his soaking wet shirt, he HAS to be teething. Now I don't know if this is why he's been "acting up", but it's one theory.

He hits...only Sean and I though. I suppose this is a good thing. I mean, I don't want him hitting ANYONE, but if it's anyone, it's probably best it's us. He has been having serious tantrums that involve running around in a circle flailing about, screaming, hitting himself in the face and head and then either hitting his head on the wall, sink, chair, oven, door...pretty much whatever is near him or if nothing hard (that could hurt him) is within reach of his head, he will fall to the floor on all fours and just hit his head on the floor. Seriously...it this normal?!!! When he does this, I just try to walk away and not give him any attention because I think that's what he's seeking. When he hits or disobeys, we are really being super consistent with time out and it seems to work about half the time. I will continue to be consistent with that, but it is really hard when I go to get him out of time out for hitting me and I bend down and say, "Tate, you were in time out for hitting Mommy. You need to use gentle touches, we do not hit. You are a good boy, but that was a bad choice. I love you" and when I go in to hug him or pick him up from his time out chair...what does he do? He hits me HARD right in the face. Seriously, I know I am sensitive, but when he hits me with anger in his eyes...it breaks my heart! I can't help it. I have so much more heart break in the future I am sure. I am in trouble.

No comments: