Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Thoughts

I don't think this day will ever pass without thoughts of Tate's birth mother. I have said it before and I will say it again, she showed such a great love for Tate by placing him for adoption. She completely put her feelings aside and did something solely for the good of her son! Now THAT is an amazing mother!!!! She is a strong, amazing woman full of so much love for Tate and we cannot wait until he is old enough to understand how amazing she is! The feelings of gratitude toward her do not diminish each year, they grow stronger. Every day that I get with my son is a day that was given to me because of her courageous decision. I will never be able to thank her properly. She is a mother in such a different, but equally as important way as I am and today, I have found myself thinking of her each time I look at my amazing son!

I thank God for Tate and that I am able to call myself his Mommy...he is the greatest gift! Being his mother has brought me more joy than anything else in my life! Wow, these last 19 months have been a whirlwind and yet I can hardly remember what it felt like to not know the love that I have for my son. This love is beyond anything words can describe!

Also today, I am thankful for my own mother who is honestly one of the most amazing, giving people I know! If I am able to follow even partially in her footsteps, I will be a much better person than I am! As I have grown and become a mother myself, our relationship has turned into more than I ever imagined it would...she is my mother, my friend, frequently my counselor and my supporter. I love you, Mom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You humble me as I know I fall short in many ways. BUT being a mother is a true honor, as hard as it can be, there is no other job I feel as comfortable in :-)!! Happy Mother's Day to you too. God bless you in your journey as a mother.... can't be done without Him, that's my thought for sure!! :-)