Friday, May 16, 2008

Bothered and Blessed

I am bothered...

My phone got stolen, Tate's antibiotic has been giving him some serious cha cha chas (aka water poop), some other stressful situations have been filling my mind and heart, there are not enough hours in the day to get everything done, filling my gas tank requires emptying my bank account, 3 doors in our house don't latch and that just drives me nuts, I have about 100 loads of laundry to do, Tate threw his "taggie" (aka...security must have) in the toilet, Tate still has an ear infection and screams bloody murder when we lay him down for bed, I can't sleep at night, but don't want to wake up in the morning, we have hardly any food in the fridge or cupboards, I get to listen to angry customers on the phone all day and then when I get home to my messy house with no husband in it I feel like the entire evening is spent giving Tate time outs because of his new found love of hitting.

And I really do feel thankful! These things are trivial and temporary...and for the record, Tate really is a good boy, but has recently taken up hitting. Ugh!

Yes, I wish Tate didn't have an ear infection anymore (it's been 6 weeks!) or water poop. I wish I had a maid and sometimes feel I could use Super Nanny. I would love to hear friendly customers on the phone all day and a little boy who obeys my every word and likes to kiss my face more than hit it. I wish gas was free and that I still had my cell phone with all of my phone numbers in it. I wish all of my doorknobs in the house worked and my cupboards were stocked.

But I know that Tate's ear infection and water poopy diapers will soon be gone and I will no longer be able to cuddle with my child and soon enough will have to change sheets from his "accident" he had in the bed at night. I know that my messy house is partially an indication of time spent with my son instead of doing house work. I do get that 1 super friendly customer on the phone every day that makes up for all of the mean ones. I know that Tate is able to obey and even though he hits me sometimes, he makes up for it by being the most amazing little boy who gives the most sweet kisses in the world! Though gas is expensive, I am blessed to even have 2 cars that run. I am able to get all of my friends and family's phone numbers because my internet works now (it was down for 3 days!) so I can get them through my email. And though a few of our doorknobs don't latch and our cupboards aren't stocked, we still have a house to call home and some Mac and Cheese and canned goods to get us by! :)

I am blessed...

3 comments:

sarak said...

Wow! Great Mom's unite! I too have NOTHING in my cupboard except Mac & Cheese, 3 cans of soup and 1 hamburger helper. I guess it catches up with you when you only shop week to week!
I dont have sick children but have been having major chest pain/pressure the last 3 days. I went to the doctor and he says its acid reflux, I dont know, whatever.
My house is a huge mess, lots of laundry to do.
We were waiting for our tax money and discovered that we wont get it until June (something with our bank and how we efiled) Too bad we were depending on that money for groceries, etc.
We are healthy, have a roof over our heads and great friends and family. We also only have 11 days of school left. For those things I am thankful!
Sara

Gretchen said...

I got a little tear in my eye reading this. Mainly because I am glad someone feels the same way I do!!!
We need to get Hayden and Tate together. They are totally on the same wavelength!
We just got back from the Dr. and Hayden STILL has an ear infection as well. We are on week 5 with the infection and on the 3rd round of antibiotics.
AND
Hayden has also started hitting people. Like seriously smacking people in the face. It used to be just me, but I guess I am not that fun of a target anymore.
It is easy for me to focus on the negatives and not the positives. That is one thing I am working on. We are so blessed with amazing and supportive friends and families!! That alone should have us smiling 24-7.
Gretchen

Chris/Stew; Brenda said...

We were totally past the hitting thing, like forever ago, and then this very weekend my almost 3 yr old decided to start hitting and kicking me during tantrums. What?! I mean, at least Tate is testing his limits on this for the first time, Bode DOES know better. Agh!