Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A little late...

Last Friday when I went to the Jeremy Camp concert, Nana and Papa P watched Tate for the night. I met Linda in Ankeny before I headed to work on Friday morning and handed Tate off. She brought him to Colo and her and Pat watched Tate all day and then kept him overnight. I went and picked Tate up around 9:30 in the morning on Saturday. Tate apparently did great and didn't miss me a bit because when I went to pick him up I had visions of him dropping everything and running to me with his arms wide open the instant he saw me. This, my friends, did not happen. He looked at me and kind of smiled like "oh, hey Mom." Then when I handed him over to Linda to say goodbye just before we left, he looked at me, waved and said, "bye!" He could have cared less if I had left him longer! Actually, my feelings weren't hurt too badly, I was thrilled that he had a great time and wasn't sad to have me gone. This was OFFICIALLY the first time we left him overnight with someone else. We did leave him once before, but we were there to put him down for bed and were there when he awoke the next day so he didn't actually know we were ever gone. It was so strange waking up in the morning and not having him there.

Thank you Nana and Papa for watching Tate and showing him such a great time! We REALLY appreciated it!

No comments: