Friday, January 11, 2008

We made it!

We made it through my first week of work...barely it seemed! Tate did great at daycare and on Thursday he stayed all day and took his 1st nap there. Kris (his daycare provider) said he did great! She said that it took him about 10 minutes to get to sleep and once he was asleep she put the other kids down...IN THE SAME ROOM with him! That is amazing to me because he tends to be a light sleeper! He will wake up from me clanging dishes in the kitchen or even just walking down the hall at home. He ended up sleeping for 2 hours too. I was so relieved to hear this because I was worried about him being there all day. He didn't cry when we dropped him off on Wednesday or Thursday either! Today (Friday), we were awakened to the sounds of Tate choking in his room. It was so scary, it was like he couldn't breath! He was choking on all the guck in his lungs, but we both woke up and ran into his room to get him upright and make sure he was ok. It took him a while to stop his coughing attack and once he did, he was pretty whiny and wouldn't go back to sleep. He finally went back to sleep around 6:00 a.m and Sean decided to stay home from work with him since he was feverish as well. Tate didn't wake up again until 10:30! Sean ended up taking him to the doctor to find out that he just has a virus...as usual! We got Tate doped up tonight with Ibuprofin, Vicks on his feet and chest, Orajel on his gums (he has been a drooling machine from teething!), Desitin on his super sore rear end, blankets under his crib mattress to prop him up a bit and a humidifier running in his room. We are hoping he will get a good night sleep!

On my end...work went well. The week flew by and I feel like my brain is jam packed full of information regarding credit, FICO scores, account numbers, Home equity Lines of credit, checking accounts and whatever else I have learned about Wells Fargo Financial Bank! It's really overwhelming, but actually really interesting as well. I don't think I am going to mind my job once I get out of training and into the swing of things, but for now I am still adjusting and REALLY missing my boys! Sean works on my days off so that is going to make things hard. It's just something that we're going to have to muddle through for a while. I am remaining positive. It helps that Tate is adjusting so well at daycare. He is really quite the kissing machine when I get home from work and I REALLY like that! :)

I can't wait to cuddle my baby all weekend and get lots of time in with him. I wish he was feeling better, but I plan to medicate him with lots of hugs, kisses and love! Hopefully that will work so that we can get next week off to a good start. We're going to take this one week at a time...I am so grateful that we made it through this one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! I got scared just reading about his choking!! Take care and enjoy your weekend with him.... I'm headed to the pool to exercise.
Love ya,
Mom