Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Just one of those days...

Today was just one of those days that no matter what happened, I just couldn't feel 'right'. I felt like I wasn't performing well at work, I missed Tate and Sean TERRIBLY today and wanted to run away and cry. I just wanted to be home with my boys. I was so happy to get off of work and talk to Sean. Tate's daycare provider has been telling us how wonderful Tate is and how he never cries and is always happy and does a fabulous job all day long. He eats, plays and sleeps great while he's there! It was the usual positive report from her today as well! This brightened my spirits a bit. :)

Also, Sean was so excited to tell me all about the open heart surgery he got to watch in the operating room in his Med Surgery class today. He said it was so amazing. The anesthetist performing anesthesia during the surgery was a student at Iowa (where Sean hopes to go to anesthesia school) and Sean and he talked quite extensively about the program and what Sean should expect if he gets into Iowa. This got Sean really excited and hopeful that he will get into the program there. He has quite some time before that happens, but time flies! It always makes me happy when Sean is excited about what he is doing and loves it despite the fact that he is SO busy! I am so proud of him and all of his hard work...he is definitely passionate about what he is doing! He will make an amazing anesthetist some day!

So I guess I could say that the great report from Tate's daycare and the excitement coming from Sean made my day end on a good note. It was nice to be able to sit down as a family and eat dinner together too. That always makes me happy because these days, it doesn't happen as often as I wish it would!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all need to hold on to the small happy things... they are what keep us going, like little gifts from God. :- )

sarak said...

I hear ya Jennie. Its so tough to make it through some days when all you want to do is be home with your family! Hang in there...the sun will shine soon and the warm weather will come. That will help. Lets schedule a time to hang out soon! I miss you!