Sunday, December 09, 2007

Our Weekend

Tate and I headed to Grundy Center on Saturday to attend my cousin's wedding. It wasn't the most stellar driving conditions, but we made it and it didn't take us too long. We had a good time seeing several people we don't see very often and hanging out with Nana, Papa, Stewarts and Burbacks. We hung out and laughed a lot. Mom and Dad had just flown in from Hawaii that morning, so we heard all kinds of great stories from their trip. It was a short, but fun trip...and can you believe I didn't take even one picture?!

Tate was exhausted and slept the entire trip home and then another 1/2 hour on top of that! Kind of a bummer because I had high hopes that I would be able to get a little sleep during his nap today because I am quite tired myself! Kind of hard to sleep when you're driving though! :) Tate hasn't gotten out of his pj's today and he has just been playing and jabbering all afternoon. He's really starting to get this walking thing down. He walks all over the living room and took 12 steps in a row this afternoon! He also took 5 steps, paused and took 5 more once. He has also been going from sitting to standing up without the help of anything a lot today too. I think he'll be officially walking more than crawling in a very short time...the way he's started walking more and more each day in these last 3 days, I would imagine he'll be walking more than crawling here in a few days! He's becoming such a big boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is such a big boy!!! It was so GREAT to have ALL 5 of the grandchildren together after being away so long.... I am feeling VERY blessed tonight and a bit pooped! Weather outside is frightful, Larry's working at a very yucky situation at the hospital and I am praying for things to go as well as possible.... so hard when life throws it's curves! SIGH!!! Hope all is well in the warmth of all my children's homes.... be thankful for our family, very thankful.... Praise be!! Love you all!!