Saturday, November 24, 2007

Sleepy household!

Well, I thought Tate was on the mend, but I was wrong! Yesterday he awoke with a very high fever again so I ended up taking him to the doctor. The doctor said that it was a virus and aside from the fact that he had lost a little weight and was 'borderline dehydrated', we should just keep medicating it with Motrin and Tylenol and as many fluids as we can get down him. He ended up drinking quite a bit yesterday and then he slept 12 hours last night and woke up with no fever! WOOHOO! He still didn't have a great appetite, but he was drinking a lot so that was good. He took a 3 1/2 hour nap and then 2 hours after he woke up from that nap, he took another almost 2 hour nap! Then 2 hours after that nap, he was reaching for him bed when we layed him down! He's never been a big sleeper so I know that he is just sleeping this bug off. I believe he really is no the mend now! In then mean time, I haven't been feeling too well myself. Ugh. I went to bed last night at 8:30 and slept until 9:00 this morning and was still tired and achy all day. I probably got Tate's bug from all of the kisses I was giving him to make him feel better! :) If I take Ibuprofin though, I feel much better. All Tate and I did all day was lay around and rest, sleep and for a bit I was able to get up and do the dishes while we listened to Christmas music! I LOVE Christmas music and I found out today that Tate does too! :)

This evening when Sean got home from work we watched football and set up our Christmas tree. We still haven't put any lights or decorations on it yet, but the Christmas tree alone was amazing to Tate. He stared at it saying, "whas zat?!" (what's that?) and pointed at it. It was pretty cute! I am sure he'll be even more amazed with it when we get lights and decorations on it! We also got a little tree from Mom this weekend (thanks Mom!!!) that we are going to put on our kitchen table. It's about 4 feet tall and pretty skinny so it fits well on the table. I think we will decorate it too. Hopefully by Monday night our house will be decked out for the holidays! I am so excited! Last year, we were still so dazed and sleep deprived from having a new baby that we just plugged in a ceramic tree on our end table and that was the extent of our decorating. It will be fun to have the house decorated this year!

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'm so sorry that Tate hasn't been feeling well. We love Christmas music too!!! The first thing Jack wants to do in the morning is turn on the stereo. He crawls to it and points immediately at my Grandma's house too. Will Tate leave the tree alone? I don't think there is any way Jack will.

Jennie Peakin said...

I'm not sure how Tate's going to do with the tree. I hope he leaves it alone, but we'll have to see! We kind of set it up so that it's blocked a little bit into the corner, but I know it Tate wants to get to it, that won't stop him! :)