Sunday, November 25, 2007

"Oh, Christmas Tree..."


We got our Christmas tree all set up and decorated last night! And by 'we', I mean, 'me'! Sean did help me set up the tree and put the lights on it, but then he went to bed and I decorated it. As you can see in the picture, we strategically placed the tree in a corner so that it wouldn't be quite as accessible to Tate as if it were out in the wide open. Honestly, I am not sure that it will make much of a difference, but we tried! Tate really likes the tree and has 2 favorite decorations on it that he pulls off...the train and the purple ball, which I think he believes is a real ball. Even though we may have to corral Tate a bit to keep him from destroying the tree, I am so happy that we have a tree up! It really puts me in the Christmas spirit!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tree looks GREAT!! I bet he'll keep trying to get things off it till it's down ;-) Little stinker!!

sarak said...

Nice tree! I bet the ornaments will be taken down and put up many times! I remember Livy taking them off and on even last year. I'm sure it will be the same this year.


Tate looks so old in the bottom pictures! I hope he is feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Jennie, I posted the comment about you looking so much like Ayla in some pics. Your tree is looking pretty!
Kelly

Jennie Peakin said...

Kelly,
I was wondering who that was that posted that! You know, my mom said that Ayla looks like I did when I was a baby too at some point...too funny!

Anonymous said...

Jennie,
Your tree looks fabulous! I can't wait to get ours this Saturday. James can't either, he may be worse then me. Anyways, I am so sorry I have not called you. This Thanksgiving was crazy! I was so busy the entire weekend!! It was non-stop until Sunday night when we got home from Wisconsin from our nephew's baptism. I totally understand why you weren't able to come. We did miss you and can't wait until we get to see you all again. Tate is getting so big. He looks like a big boy now! Can't wait to get a moment to talk. I wanted to talk to you about switching Tate to real milk and a sippy cup! I need your motherly advice.

Miss you tons!
Love,
Lora