Monday, November 05, 2007

Baby Steps

Tate has made vast improvements in walking these last 2 or 3 days. He can now take two steps as he lunges toward whatever it is he's heading towards....usually Mommy, Daddy or the couch! :) It's pretty cute and very exciting! He has also improved his dancing skills. We watch Dancing with the Stars and Tate LOVES it. He likes the lights and music and always stares at the television and dances while it's on.

On another note, I have come to the conclusion that my child does not require much sleep. I can count on one hand the times he's slept for longer than 10 1/2 hours at night and he usually only sleeps for 9 1/2...sometimes even less than that. He took an hour nap this morning and would not sleep a wink this afternoon. He was just fine though, not whiny or tired acting at all. I put him to bed at 8:45 (15 minutes later than usual) and he jabbered in his crib until 9:00 when he went to sleep. He will be up by 6:00 or 6:30 tomorrow morning. I truly don't think he requires a lot of sleep because he never seems tired after his morning nap. Sometimes he rubs his eyes, but he doesn't get crabby or anything. This could be a struggle because I like my sleep! :) He used to do just fine with 2 naps so I am not sure what triggered this change. Anyway, I am just going to go day by day and hopefully soon he'll be able to go until after lunch before he takes his nap and then just be on a one nap schedule. I'll give him 2 naps if he needs them, but I have a feeling that won't be very frequently. We'll see!

2 comments:

sarak said...

Sounds like Tate will be on almost the same schedule as my girls. I always worry about them not getting enough sleep but I guess it evens out in the long run!

Talk to you later-
s

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing his steps!! Both walking AND dancing ;-)