Saturday, October 27, 2007

A Crazy Morning

Well, the weekend is in full swing. Sean is working and Tate and I are home and I am still in pj's. I did not want to get out of my warm bed this morning! I woke up to Tate jabbering in his room and when I went in to get him up, I found one wet little boy! He had peed through his diaper and soaked his pj's and sheets...so the day begins. I change my screaming child into his Hawkeye gear...gotta support our team! :) Then about 45 minutes into the morning, I am fed up with pulling up his falling down pants for the 100th time, so I decide to change his clothes. When I walk over to him to get him, I smell something disgustingly familiar. He's poopy...and so is down his legs and on his pants. YUCK! So again, I change a screaming child...he gets poop everywhere! Now he has poop on his hands and stomach and who knows where else! Way to dirty an outfit in 45 minutes flat, Tate! He is a pro at that. So we strip down and get a bath...now there is poop all over my perfectly warm and cozy pj's. I have to change. :( We get out of the bath and Tate NEEDS a nap. OOPS, I forgot to change the sheets that have pee all over them! UGH! I plop Tate onto the floor in his bedroom and begin to change his sheets, soon I hear a crash and then crying. Tate's pulled the cord on his lamp until it fell on the floor...not broken thank goodness! I put the lamp up on the table and continue changing the sheets. Soon a slam and scream...what now?! Tate has opened his dresser drawer and closed his finger in it. Okay, I am still not done getting the new sheet on. I stop again, comfort my screaming, tired child and then sit him down again. I finally finish putting the sheet on and when I turn around I see that when the lamp fell off of the table, the kleenex box must have fallen with it and I didn't notice. Now there's kleenexes strewn all over the room as well as one in Tate's mouth. I clean up the mess, put the kleenex box up and FINALLY get Tate down for his nap. WHEW! All this before 10 in the morning. Anxious to see what the rest of the day will hold!

3 comments:

sarak said...

He he he....sounds familiar. I think I've had the same thing happen at some point. I guess we both are having "challenging" days:)

sara

Anonymous said...

Yup, that's motherhood.... VERY glamorous!!

Sara said...

I can totally relate!!! I have had many days like that and it seems to happen when I am trying to get out the door and somewhere on time.