Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Being Together

Before Sean started school, I really took for granted the times that we had together. I didn't realize how blessed I was until that time was limited. Today was WONDERFUL! I cannot even express how needed this time was...not only for me, but for Sean and Tate. I will say that Tate is ordinarily quite the Momma's boy, but today he wanted Daddy. He had so much fun in Daddy's arms and looks at him so adoringly. It melts my heart!

We went to a pumpkin patch to pick our own pumpkins today. It was a really neat pumpkin patch - one unlike any other I have been to. You picked your own pumpkins in this HUGE field. They were spread all over and you had to 'hunt' for them. Many of them were amidst a bunch of bushes and several of them you had to break right off of the vine. It truly was interesting to have to hunt for so long in such an expansive area to find the perfect pumpkin. Sometimes you could walk for 20 or 30 feet and there wouldn't be a pumpkin anywhere in sight and then you could push away a bunch of brush and reveal a bright orange pumpkin...or even a grouping of a few. It was really fun and Tate kept saying, "oooooooo" the whole time! He was so excited about it! :) Also, there was a hay bail maze and a petting zoo. Tate was a bit nervous with the animals at first, but eventually he warmed up to the horse and even petted it. I am a horse lover too, so I was fine spending most of my time petting the horse! We got some really great pumpkins and some really great pictures too. The weather couldn't have been more perfect!

After the pumpkin patch, we headed up to Knutson's in Nevada and ate dinner and chatted the evening away with them. We headed home around 8:45 and Tate is sound asleep in bed and I am looking forward to be sleeping here shortly as well. It was a great day and I am feeling refreshed and blessed tonight!











4 comments:

sarak said...

I LOVE the last picture! Tate's expressions are hilarious. Livy kept saying this morning how she "missed Tate". She's been saying she misses people a lot lately!

Anonymous said...

Yup, Tate's still ADORABLE!!!! Can't wait till Ayla arrives and I will see ALL my sweet grandchildren again! Macy that includes you sweetie! God is SO GOOD!! Praise be!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yup, Tate's still CUTE!! Can't wait to see all FIVE of my grandkids together when Ayla arrives.... Macy, are you going to make it 6?! :-) Love you all... be home soon.
Nana & Papa "S"
God is SO good!!

Anonymous said...

OOPS...what did I do?! HA!! I didn't think it worked so I sent another one... oops!!