Monday, August 27, 2007

Slacker

I have been slacking at my blog this week. It has been a really busy week and I haven't taken a whole lot of pictures and haven't seemed to have gotten a chance to sit down and come up with something halfway intelligent to blog!

Tate has had a tough time getting these last 3 teeth cut! He still doesn't have them yet and he is in so much pain! We have gone through so much Orajel and Tylenol...poor baby! We are praying that they come through very soon!

Daddy started his new job last week and has been training all week. Tate and I have enjoyed our time together during the days and have really enjoyed our time as a family all evening when Daddy gets home. He used to work later hours and this is a nice change of pace for a while. :)

We went to the mall the other day to look at Halloween costumes and are leaning towards the turtle costume for Tate, but we have plenty of time to shop around. It was fun to see all that was out there though!

On Friday night, we went out to eat at the Machine Shed and it was YUMMY! We discovered that Tate loves coleslaw! I think that is kind of a funny thing for a 10 month old to love. We got him a side of mashed potatoes and he gobbled it down and loved every minute of it. He also liked eating the bread and some of Daddy's noodles. He always puts on a show when we go out and likes to flirt with everyone.

Saturday we had a bit of a lazy morning and then got out and about for the afternoon and evening. It was AMAZING weather and much needed. We have been getting sick of the sticky, hot conditions lately. That night, after I got Tate in bed, I headed over to my friend's house and we gave each other haircuts and chatted until the wee hours.

We all got up this morning and headed out for Cedar Rapids to spend some time with Brandon (Tate's birth father) and Aunt Sara and Tyler. It was such a beautiful day and a nice drive. When we got to Cedar Rapids, we ordered Red Robin and ate brought it back to Sara and Travis's house and ate lunch and just hung out and played with Tate. We got to give Brandon his birthday present a bit early (his birthday is the same day as Sean's!- Sept. 10) and were able to just enjoy our time with him! It's always very special and still emotional for us to be blessed with the presence of Brandon in our and Tate's life. The feelings of gratitude for him have only grown this last year and we cherish all the times we get to spend with him! We headed home around 3:45 and stopped in Newton to eat and to feed Tate. Once we got home, I headed over to Chris and Brenda's to do Brenda's hair. After that, we sat and chatted for about 2 hours!

My boys are in bed, it's 1 a.m. and that's where I should be too! This week hasn't filled up with plans yet aside from a couple of small things, but I am sure we'll find plenty to do! I will be better about blogging this week...I promise!

Also, today was my Dad's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! We love you! We love you, Brandon!


How blessed is Tate to have a "father's love" from 2 wonderful men?! It's so amazing!


I love this picture! I love how Tate is looking up at Brandon with such a sweet smile!


It didn't take Brandon long to see that Tate really likes grabbing peoples' faces!


It was such a special day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE pics! Yes I LOVE the one where he's looking up at Brandon too! So sweet!!!!!!!!!!! It has been busy times here too, I think we all just keep busy, sometimes too busy and need to slow down and reflect on all our blessings!! Hope your week is great! Give Tater a big Nana kiss please :-)

Sara said...

So Cute! Tate is very photogenic!:) Your hair is also very cute!

Marsha said...

Wow - what a weekend! I haven't talked to Brandon in a few days. I'm sure he enjoyed the day with you guys! See you soon!

Marsha

Anonymous said...

Jennie,
The pictures are so cute! Tate is getting so big. It seems like you guys had a great weekend!!
Your hair looks great! I really like it a lot.
Miss you guys!

Love,
Lora