Monday, August 27, 2007

A low key day...

Lounging in his jumparoo.


Playing in his bedroom.


Reading his book (upside down) in the bathtub.


Today I woke up feeling a bit under the weather. Nothing too bad, but not feeling quite right. So we didn't do a whole lot today. I really have been working a lot with getting Tate to eat food. He doesn't eat food regularly, just his rice cereal and occasionally something from what we are eating at dinner and of course his bottles. So for breakfast today, we had eggs...and he gagged on every bite. So I gave him rice cereal. Then for lunch, we had a ham and cheese sandwich...he did pretty well with this and ate almost a quarter of a sandwich. Then for dinner, we had some raviolis and some more ham and cheese sandwich. All in all, he took to the extra food pretty well. He's such a good boy!

We moved the jumparoo into the basement the other day because he's more mobile now and it was really in the way and took a lot of his floor space up. We also feel like it's better for him to move around so he can learn to crawl and to walk instead of putting him in the jumparoo all of the time. He really loves the jumparoo though, so he gets excited when we go down in the basement and I can check my email and blog on the computer and he can sit and play in his jumparoo. Today while I was on the computer and he was in it, I happened to look over and see him leaning back in the seat and just lounging with a big smile on his face. It was pretty cute...he looked so happy and relaxed.

Tate took a 3 hour nap this morning and then another 2 hour nap this afternoon. This was good because it gave me a chance to rest and try to feel better. It didn't really work and I found myself still feeling icky this evening, but I will say, I haven't slept that much in one day in a LONG time and it was nice!

This evening Tate played in his room for a while and then he took a bath. He read his book in the bathtub, we blew some bubbles and splashed a lot. Then, he headed to bed. Hopefully I feel better tomorrow and Tate and I can get out of the house for a bit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like all is going just great with Tat eating. Don't rush it, he'll be fine and "pick up" on it soon enough. Just offer him lots of good food, not just carbs... :-) He is so adorable, takes the best picture!!

Anonymous said...

OOPs, I left the "E" off Tate in my previous post!

Anonymous said...

That boy has so much personality and so many different/cute expressions! He should be in commercials or something!