Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Comparing

So I am constantly getting things in the mail or reading things in my Parents magazine about what your child should and might be able to do at certain ages. Tate will be 9 months on the 5th of July. I am by no means worried about his development in the way that I think something is wrong, but I am finding it hard not to compare him to other babies his age. I know that you are not supposed to compare babies because every baby is different, but it's hard not to. I don't think that Tate is delayed in any areas other than the fact that he's not crawling yet. I mean, I have things that say that he should start pulling himself up to things and be crawling and he hasn't seemed to be interested in doing either. So I called Cassie today and was telling her my concerns which she assured me I should not be concerned at all! I was telling her that it doesn't seem like Tate is even close to crawling because he hasn't even gotten up on his hands and knees or anything yet! She still said that I have no reason to be concerned and that it's not a big deal. So about 10 minutes after I got off of the phone, I looked over at Tate and he was on his hands and knees! So funny that it happened right after I was talking about it. About 3 seconds after I saw him on his hands and knees, he plopped down onto his belly and he hasn't had any desire to get back into that position, but at least I have a little hope that my child may actually crawl sometime! :) I should probably enjoy this immobile time while I can because soon I'll be chasing after him and wishing he was not so mobile!

5 comments:

Chris/Stew; Brenda said...

Your last comment is right, they more mobile they get, the more you wish they weren't. It doesn't even take very long before they are faster than you!

Sara said...

Jack doesn't seem interested at all in being mobile. He is so content to just sit and play. He does scoot around on his bottom. He is 9 months today.

Anonymous said...

I saw Brandon's grandpa yesterday at HyVee... I forgot to tell you... He's such a nice man. :-)

jody said...

i was just thinking after watching that video of him saying 'hot' and clapping, "geez, he is a smart little boy. i think that is pretty advanced." i was going to tell cassie to tell you but i forgot.
daws never crawled. just walked one day. just enjoy him (which you obviously are) and relax. he'll do it when he wants...

Jennie Peakin said...

Thanks everyone for making me feel better!