Friday, May 25, 2007

Our night

We had plans to go to Chris and Brenda's tonight for a yummy dinner. I gave Tate a bath before we left and got him all clean and smelling good! On the way there, I heard Tate making some heaving sounds and I looked in my rearview mirror and saw orange liquid coming from his carseat and flying through the air. I pulled over in some parking lot to see that Tate had thrown up all over his carseat and himself and my car. He was all smiles and having a ball playing in his self created pool of thrown up squash and formula. I didn't know that a baby could throw up so much! I decided that since I was only about a mile from Chris and Brenda's that I would just leave him be and clean him, his carseat and my car when I got there. Man was it a mess! I had to take my whole carseat apart and wash it and clean out all of the nooks and crannies that had vomit in them. Somehow, it had also leaked out of his carseat and into the base that was in my car, so there was a pool in there and boy did my car stink!!! Tate was happy as a lark, you would have never known that he just projectile vomited all over the place! He's never thrown up before, so it's a first for him and hopefully it won't happen again any time soon! Poor baby! The rest of the night, we was acting fine and he's sleeping like a baby now, so I don't know what that was all about! Oh, and to make it worse, about 20 minutes before his throwing up incident, he had a massive blow out poopy diaper that required a serious wiping down and clothing change! Had I not given Tate a bath, I am certain none of this would have happened! Ha...isn't that always how it works!

Sean had some studying to do for a test, so he headed home after dinner and Tate and I stayed and hung out. Tate didn't hang out long, he went down for bed and Chris and I played a few games of cribbage. After getting beat by Chris twice (although, the one time I won, I double skunked him!), I decided to pack Tate up and head home. Thanks Chris and Brenda for a great dinner and great company!

We're heading to Muscatine tomorrow for a fun-filled Memorial Day weekend with the family...we wish Chris, Brenda and Bode could be there too. :( We've got Lani's dance recital, and some other fun things planned so we're looking forward to it! I am sure I'll have many pictures to share after our weekend! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: