Monday, March 05, 2007

My thoughts today...

I took Tate to the doctor because he's had this same cold forever and now has developed a rash. Of course, as usual, it's just a virus and there is nothing we can do. It's worth paying the copay though to know that everything is okay. Tate got weighed and now weighs 18 lbs.! He's such a chunker!

After the doctor, I had to go to Bethany Christian Services to drop off some post placement paperwork that I have to do every month until the adoption is finalized. When I got there, I started talking to my social worker and 2 hours plus a few Kleenexes later, I had gotten a lot off of my chest and felt much better. Like I said in my previous post, it's been a tough few days for me. I am such an emotional wreck! I was blessed with a phone call from Maggie and Brandon's social worker (who we LOVE) today. She was just letting me know that she had just received a package I had sent to Maggie and Brandon and wanted to see how I was doing. God knew that I needed that phone call. She let me know that she recently spoke with Maggie and that she seems to be doing very well. She said that Maggie wanted us to know that she has really enjoys all of the pictures and letters we've sent. I SO needed to hear that. Thank you God, for sending that message to me!

Still, my heart aches...I think it always will. I would, without a blink of the eye, go through this pain a thousand times over again just to have my precious son in my life. I am so happy that I have experienced the blessing of adoption. I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to go through this process. I had no clue the dramatic change that would occur in my life because of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maggie loves Tate so much no doubt!! This has to have been the toughest thing she's ever done....God bless you sweet Maggie. Prayers for you & Brandon.

sarak said...

Tater Tot is a chunk! Livy only weighs 21 lbs as of her appt. yesterday! The doctor said "is she saying at least a few words?" HA ha ha ha ha ha ha! A few!!! We also chatted about sibling rivalry and climbing on EVERYTHING! Typical. Dr. Smith also said that if Livy doesnt eat a significant amt. of her dinner that I need to save it and give it to her for a snack later in the evening instead of cereal, banana, etc. Hmmm. I guess its worth a try!Email me soon!
sara