Sunday, January 21, 2007

HELP!!!!!

Okay, so we're having issues with night time. Tate has great days...terrible nights! AHHHHH! I don't know what to do! I shouldn't say his nights are terrible per say, but he definitely is fussy at night. I think we've gotten past the inconsolable stuff for the most part...those moments are few and far between, but he still will not sleep at night. I am EXHAUSTED! I am talking, he won't sleep more than 15 minutes in his crib without waking up crying. He won't sleep in anything but his crib, we've tried to let him cry for a while to see if he'll go back to sleep, we've tried having him sleep in his pack and play in our room (like he did in Florida where he slept great), we've tried what seems like everyhing! The only time he ever sleeps for long periods and sleeps well is during the day. He'll sleep in his crib for an hour or so at a time during the day and he'll sleep in his carrier during the day too, but once night comes, he wants nothing to do with sleeping. Really, I will try almost anything at this point! Any suggestions are welcome...

5 comments:

Eric and Pam said...

Benedryl. :)

Just kidding...

Beckysblog said...

Cry it out...
But, I have been called heartless before!

Cassie said...

i'm with becky.
i think it is time.
i vote for cry it out...but i HAVE been called cold-hearted a time or two...maybe even by you, jennie!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe try to give him only 2 or so naps a day...dont let him sleep a ton then maybe he will be really tired.

I'm not a fan of the cry it out thing (as you know I had the hardest time doing it but you and others convinced me to do it..maybe its time to at least try it)...call me...we can chat

sara

Jennie Peakin said...

He only does get a couple naps a day...SO, I think we may have him cry it out. That may be our only answer. We'll keep you all posted.