Tuesday, January 23, 2007

"Crying it out"

Okay, so now I may end up in the group of mothers that some people call "heartless". We let Tate "cry it out last night" and it went great! We put him down and he cried (pretty hard) for an hour! After 15 minutes, Sean looked at me and completely seriously said, "what has been...about an hour?" I was like, "are you serious Sean?! It's been 15 minutes!" He was like, " you're kidding!" Ha. It did feel that way though!

Anyway, after he stopped crying, he slept until 8 this morning!!!! Woo hoo! He's NEVER done that! I know that we'll probably have at least a couple more nights of some crying, but hopefully after that, we'll be home free!

On another similar note...I just layed him down for a nap awake and he didn't make a peep. He rolled over on his side and closed his eyes and fell asleep! It's so amazing! He's NEVER done that before either!

I am starting my day on a good note. Pray for less of a crying bout tonight for us! I'll keep you all updated!

7 comments:

Beckysblog said...

YEAH!!!!
You start to feel less like a heartless beast when you have a happy, well rested baby who can put himself to sleep!
I hope it continues!!!

Cassie said...

welcome to the club!!
great news!

Chris/Stew; Brenda said...

I'm so glad! Hopefully each night will just get a little better and taper off. Congrats on YOUR first full night of sleep since you've had him!

Jennie Peakin said...

It feels good to finally have a full nights sleep! Whew! It's almost like someone kidnapped Tate and replaced him with a different baby! It's amazing! When he went down for his nap, he didn't even make a peep...he just rolled onto his side and closed his eyes and went to sleep!

sarak said...

Sweet! Sometimes I think they just want to be alone..I dont know. I'm so glad that worked for you! Livy was asleep by 7:45. She was sooo tired...then Delaney was in and out of bed until almost 9. I guess you cant have it perfect every night!:)

Dont you feel like you have so much energy! Its amazing what a few extra hrs. can do!

Sara Bark said...

You're on the right track! We're still not all the way there with Ty because of all of his ear infections! Good job Jennie!1

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful, period!!! Praise be!! :-)