Saturday, December 02, 2006

Our Night

I just had to blog about our night...

Sean and I left Tate for the first time with a babysitter. I was sick to my stomach about leaving him, but knew that I would be fine if I just did it. Chris's band had a show tonight and we always love going to the shows and watching them play, so it was the perfect opportunity to leave Tate for the first time since it would only be for a few hours. Brenda was leaving Bode with her step-sister's daughter, Sarah, and she offered to watch Tate too. So we did it.

Anyway, we left our house around 7:15ish and had a couple of stops, so Tate fell asleep in his carseat around 7:30 or so. We dropped him off at Sarah's at 8:00 and he was sleeping in his carseat still, so she just left him in there until he would wake up. We thought he'd wake up soon as he was due to eat at 9:00. So we left and around 11:15 I HAD to call to check on him. It was driving me crazy not knowing how my baby was! When I called at 11:15, Sarah said he was STILL sleeping in his carseat! I was so relieved and was able to relax and enjoy the night knowing that I hadn't missed out on anything with him and he was fine. When we went to pick him up at 1:15, he was sleeping sound in his carseat again! Sarah said that he only woke up for a half hour to eat and that he was giggly and smiling and, I quote, "the best baby ever!" Then after eating he went right back to sleep. I am so proud of my "best baby ever", I totally agree that he is the best baby ever too! :) Well, except for when he's up inconsolably screaming for an hour in the middle of the night, but I'll just block that out of my head for the moment and relish in the comment that Sarah made about our little angel!

This was a big step for us to leave him and so I had to share my story! :) I am so proud of Tate!!!!!

No comments: