Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Wait

I know that Sean and I have been waiting for a baby for a few weeks now, but today the "official wait" started. The reason is because we have absolutely NOTHING left to do through Bethany Christian Services. The next time we hear from them...it should be good news!

Today we had our in home study. Our social worker came to our home for a couple of hours and spent time asking us questions and finishing our study. It went very well! Shortly after that, we got a call from the Bethany director telling us that our Criminal checks had come back and to be checking the family profiles on the Bethany website this week for our profile.

Bethany has placed 2 children since the 4th of July! That is so wonderful! One of the waiting couples that we know was place with a little boy about a week ago and we are so happy for them. Everything went smoothly for them and their experience was great! We pray that we could be so blessed!

I began making a rug today for the nursery and WOW it is TEDIOUS!!!!!! I am going to keep at it though. It will definitely be keeping me plenty busy as I realized that it is a slow moving project and takes a TON of time to do. It will be very satisfying to finish though. In addition to that, I am still finishing up the blanket I am crocheting, so I have plenty of projects to keep me busy. :)

Sean is getting more and more excited about our upcoming adoption, too. It's becoming extremely real for the both of us as each item on our list is checked off. I don't think it could feel any more real than it already does...that is until we get the baby! The wait continues...

No comments: