Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Great Day!

Well, today was a great day! The weather was BEAUTIFUL and it seemed like I just kept getting good news...I love days like that!

First, like I said, the sun was shining and it was beautiful out! Then I helped Chris move some bricks out of his lawn (which might not seem fun, but it was rewarding because it needed done!) so the landscaping that I helped them with was more noticeable and not overshadowed by a pile of bricks. Their plants and mulch that we put in looks GREAT by the way. In doing that, I got to spend some time with Bode today also. Then Chris and I and Bode went out to lunch. After that, I came home and did some things around the house and got the mail...I was so excited to receive and unexpected (although, MUCH needed) check in the mail from our insurance company for reimbursement of the rest of the year of our homeowners insurance. YIPPY! I was soooo excited! Also, while I was at home, Mom called to let me know that a few peices of my baby bedding (it's getting made by a woman in Muscatine) were done and she had picked them up. She said that they look great and I cannot wait to see them! Not everything is completed, but the curtain, bumper pad and blanket are. Also, we talked about the pictures that we are going to be hanging up in the nursery and how we should frame them. Any baby talk puts me in a good mood! Then Sean got off work early which was yet another bonus! To top it all off, Sean suggested we go eat dinner at CRAVE (it's a fun fondue restaurant). YUMMY! I was sooo excited because I have been nagging him since it opened to go because I LOVE it, and so tonight was the night. It was so great and Sean loved it too, which I don't think he expected to. It is such a fun place to go and it takes a while, so it gave us plenty of time to just sit and chat. We seem to struggle finding times to chat with Sean being so busy with work and school. It was nice to have some much needed conversation. We spent a lot of time talking about the upcoming adoption and how are lives are soon going to be changing completely. We are so excited for the change, but are trying to enjoy some "alone" time before we have the new addition to the family. It is so fun to see Sean so excited. He's good at acting easy going about the whole thing because I am so overly excited and he probably feels it's necessary to be calm and collected in an effort to keep me as calm as possible. Although, when we really get to talking about it, he can't help but be excited. He is going to be the BEST father and I know that seeing him with our child will make me love him even more!

Hope this great day extends into the weeks to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, how great it all sounds!! These are truly special times for you and anticipation is a wonderful thing, no doubt :-) The bedding just makes it all seem real!! What a lot to think about, what a lot to look forward to...wow!! ENJOY!!!!!